Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

I woke up this morning excited. Yes there will be food to eat and games on TV to watch but I am excited and thankful that I woke up knowing my day would be spent with my family.  When we get together this afternoon, there will be 24 of us enjoying our "Turkey Vetoed" dinner.  This band of people are not all blood relatives but we love one another as if we were.  We have lived and grown together and I am so thankful that each of them is in my life.

Yes, the turkey was vetoed for Thanksgiving this year.  The biggest reason is that with the festivities next month there will be 4 turkeys on the menu. We didn't want to overdo the bird so we chose to have Italian food.  We'll chow down and fill our tummies with homemade spaghetti and  meat  sauce, lasagna, anti-pasta salad, a giant green salad and homemade baked cheesecake!!! My stomach has already begun to growl!

I am thankful, as always, to be living in this great country, the United States of America.  I am thankful for the liberties and freedoms we have here and for the men women who lived, died and gave so that we have what we do.  As an American I will continue to be thankful for this country and the opportunities I have here, every day and I will continue to put my heart into growing my business to contribute to my local and national economy.

The work continues in the SweetSavours studio as final preparations are made for this Saturday.  At 11:30am the doors will open at 1295 S. San Vincente Ct. in Chandler, AZ for an open house to celebrate a great day, national Small Business Saturday.  This is the day to remember the small businesses that our country has grown upon and celebrate the small businesses that still contribute to both the local and national economies.  I'm looking forward to seeing people get out and "ShopSmall" with us.

My friend, Kim, and I will co-host our event on Saturday.  Kim Cordts is an Independent Designer with Origami Owl Custom Jewelry.  Kim will make her Jewelry Bar available so that you can see the unique designs of lockets, necklaces and other jewelry pieces of the Origami Owl line.  From the SweetSavours line, you will see what's been made in the studio.  I have completed the CoCo and the Red Tea SkinSavours body care sets, the Mango!Mango! and Peaceful LipSavours sets and the FootSavours foot care set.  There will be samples available for people to try before they buy.  Kim and I will also have a few munchies to nibble while you shop.

Again, I am thankful for the opportunities that abound day by day.  I'm looking forward to a great holiday season and I will keep you posted about how things are going and what's brewing in the studio.  I sure do hope you have a very happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

Savours to you!

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment